Friday, February 19, 2016

3 Day Military Diet: I lost 7.5 pounds in one week!




The 3 Day Military Diet is very popular for losing weight fast!  I was chatting with a my friend Tracey about wanting to shed a few of those dreadful Holiday pounds I gained and she suggested I try this 3 Day Military Diet weight loss plan.  Her husband is in the Military and this is how they lose pounds before the weigh in they have to do and it works!


 She lost 10 pounds so I figured I would give it a try.  After all, it’s only 3 days.  I’ve also included a 30 Day Plank challenge into my routine.  It works!

Disclaimer:  I am not a doctor, just sharing what has worked for me.

Military Quick Weight Loss plan



















3 Day Military Diet Quick Weight Loss

Day 1:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup of grapefruit, 1 slice of toast, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, coffee or tea
lunch: 1/2 cup of tuna, 1 slice of toast, coffee or tea ( caffeinated)
Dinner: 3 ounces of meat ( any kind) , 1 cup of green beans, 1/2 of banana, 1 small apple, and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream.



IMPORTANT TIP:  I had a hard time eating just plan tuna.  I added this seasoning only and it was so good!  Now I save the calories of the mayo I used to put in it and I always eat it with that seasoning!  Even the hubby likes it too!  It’s the only seasoning that makes it delicious!

Day 2:

Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 slice of toast, and 1/2 banana
Lunch: 1 ounce of cheddar cheese, hard boiled egg, and 5 saltine crackers.
Dinner: 3 ounces of meat, 1 cup of broccoli, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 banana and 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream.

Day 3:

Breakfast: 5 saltine crackers, 1 slice of cheddar cheese and a small apple
Lunch: hard boiled egg, and a slice of toast
Dinner: 1 cup of tuna, 1/2 of a banana and i cup of vanilla ice cream

( You can add some salt and pepper to eggs and meat) After 3 days you go back to normal eating. ( I recommend eating healthy or you can gain weight back).

Then u can repeat this diet after 4 days (for a full week, 7 days total) and continue until you reach your goal weight.

My thoughts:  I was really hungry by day 3.  I didn’t have the ice cream because I am trying really, really hard to stay away from sugar all together.  I added creamer to my coffee so I counted that as the ice cream part.  I ended up cheating on Day 3 by eating a few extra crackers.  5 extra crackers to be exact.  :-/  But I still lost 7.5 pounds!

I honestly don’t think the 3 Day Military Diet would be a good plan to continue every week but it’s a great way to get the boost you need and motivation to get you started!  That’s just my 2¢ worth.

I am on the Paleo plan after that nice little boost and I love it!  UPDATE:  I am loving the Paleo plan.  I’ve already lost an additional 10 pounds in only 14 days since starting it.  Check out the Paleo Meal plans, Grocery list and Recipes here.  I enjoyed the Military diet jumpstart but I really like how I am eating on the Paleo plan because I don’t feel hungry and my cravings are gone!  Cravings for sugar and carbs are my biggest weakness!



Tips for Water Consumption:  Be sure to drink a good amount of water.  As a general rule you should be take your current body weight and divide it by two.  Take that total and drink that many ounces of water a day.

Here’s an example:

Body Weight = 150

150 /2 = 75

You should be drinking 75 ounces of water a day.

If you want to know how many 8 ounce glasses of water you should be drinking a day you can divide this number again by 8 to get the total number of glasses of water you should be drinking.  In this example it would be a least 9 glasses of water a day)

Note:  The water consumption is just a general rule.  You will want to try and drink more water if you are exercising, hot days etc…
source:http://therepowoman.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I've read many posts about military diet, and I can tell that yours is very valuable. The military diet is quite easy to follow as it offers easy preparation and simple food choices. However, due to varying factors, some cannot follow the recommended meal plans. You may either have a pre-existing medical condition, food allergy, or simply you don’t like some of the foods included in the diet. See more http://3daysmilitarydiet.com/diet-plan/3-day-military-diet-substitutes.html

    ReplyDelete